Woodwards Building W Tower
The galvanizing of the decorative panels on the sides of the Woodwards Building “W” Tower project won two American Galvanizers Association awards, one in the Building & Archicture and the other in the Duplex Systems category.
Originally built in 1903, the historic Woodward’s Building completed its long redevelopment journey in 2010. The new building features the famous “W” and the windowed walls of the Woodwards Building “W” Tower are laced with columns of intricately etched decorative panels depicting tangled branches. These panels take advantage of the increased corrosion protection of a duplex system. For projects that require a particular color scheme, duplexing is a good way to get the corrosion-resistant protection of galvanizing, while allowing a structure to incorporate any color desired.